Wednesday, October 29, 2008

She's Here!!!

This morning, at 6:41 a.m. (just a few hours after her due date!), Jillian Michelle Howe made her grand entrance into this world. Jillian weighed 7 lbs 14 oz and is 20 1/4" long. She is wonderful, fabulous, and all good things rolled into one sweet person. We absolutely adore her. I've got a long story about her birth, how she got her name and events that I'll blog about later, but quickly wanted to get some photos up. We've been incredibly busy today with birth events, and really, essentially busy since my contractions started at 4 a.m. yesterday morning...but that's for another post. For now, know that we are well and in love. Here are some photos from the day. More to come tomorrow...

Our first family photo (Mom and Jillian looking a little rough after 3 hours of pushing)
DSC00089

Dad changing his first (and her first) diaper
DSC00118

Dad giving the first bath
DSC00128

Sweet baby
DSC00148

DSC00149

Grandad (Malia's dad) stopped by on his way to Minneapolis to visit!
DSC00137

Snuggling with Dad
DSC00158

12 comments:

Megan said...

I love her sooooo much already!!! She is adorable and I am so happy for all three of you!!!!!!

I love you Jilly!!!!

Megan said...

I am on the phone with mom and she doesn't know how to log on so her is what Grammy says:

She is perfect!!! I cannot wait to hold her and love her to pieces!!! Oh what a pumpkin, oh my gosh, oh she is so precious, I cannot think of anything to say, I am speechless, oh what a cute little cap!!!

Team Leach said...

I am in tears looking at her! She is the most perfect little girl EVER! I can't wait to wrap her in my arms (and no Malia, I will not squeeze her too hard!)

Congrats Malia and Matt on becoming parents! I have no doubt you will be wonderful! I am so happy for you and will enjoy many memories with little Jilly!!!

Charie said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you! Jillian is beautiful! You will both be such awesome parents. Get lots of rest, take care of yourself and enjoy every precious moment with your adorable baby girl. We look forward to Jillian and Malea playdates sometime down the road!

Melissa said...

She is PERFECT! (now I see that is what everyone else has said too! Must be true!) I am so happy for you guys!
Can't wait for more pictures :)

Kendra M. said...

Congratulations, Malia and Matt! We are so happy and excited for you! So glad everything went well. Jillian is gorgeous (of course she is, look at her parents!) We hope to meet her someday soon to give her lots of hugs and kisses!

All our love,
Kendra, Brian, Morgan & Anna

Mrs. Needham said...

YA YA YA YA YAAAAAA!
I'm so excited for you, you all look so perfectly happy to finally meet one another.

Oh how I wish I could come and visit.

Mary Beth said...

What a doll! Congratulations!

Nancy said...

Congratulations, Matt & Malia, & PTL for the safe (& timely!) delivery of your precious Jillian Michelle. What a beautiful name for a beautiful little girl! Keep the pics coming. I know a certain grandmother who can't wait to hold your little one, & some other East Coast family who look forward to meeting her someday. Love & blessings to the 3 Howes!

Paula (Mom) said...

Finally I hope this will post, the computer gremlins are after me! What a little beauty! I already have her up as my screensaver for all to see. I just keep staring at her pictures. Finally she is here! She is just perfect in every way! Love to all!

Leanna said...

Welcome, precious Jillian. What a beautiful gift you are - and so very loved already by so many people. You have been blessed with two amazing people who will be your mommy and daddy forever and always. God picked them for you and you for them.
Matt and Malia, congratulations on this most amazing start to this wonderful new chapter in your lives. Hold fast to what is good and true - your love for each other and for sweet Jillian will carry you through so much!!
Love and blessings to you all,
Leanna, Brent, Annabelle, and Nate

bjv100 said...

Congratulations Malia and Matt !!
Jillian is adorable and you have chosen such a beautiful name.
We are so happy for you.
Love
Jasmine,Bobby & Veer

free web counter

Followers