Jillian is officially 1 year old today! I am speechless. How do you summarize your first year of motherhood? It is an adventure that is hard to put into words. Several words come to my mind when I try....scary, wonderful, challenging, fun, tiring, humbling...Whatever adjectives I use to describe this milestone we've hit, I am full of joy when I think about our child. What an awesome, amazing gift it is to have a healthy, happy child. I can think of no finer blessing.
I snuggled Jillian extra tight as I rocked her at bedtime last night, and marveled at how she's grown this last year from a tiny, helpless newborn into a spunky, independence-seeking toddler. She is full of personality, charm, and energy (emphasis on the energy!). If you would have asked me 1 year ago today if I would have thought it was possible to love Jillian any more now than I did when I first met her, I would have told you it wasn't. I was wrong. My love for her has grown by leaps and bounds as we've grown together as a family through the challenges of the first year. What a precious little person we have residing in our home. I am so thankful and proud to say she is ours. Happy birthday, sweet baby...what a beautiful blessing you are!

2 comments:
Happy Birthday Jillian. Uncle Deron Loves you very much. I can't wait to see you and give you a big hug. I know you can't read this but maybe your mom or dad can tell you how much I love you.
Happy Birthday,
Uncle Deron
I just cried reading your beautifully written summary of your first year with Jillian and I had to hug+squeeze J immediately. Cried again when I watched the picture montage.
Post a Comment