Jillian's vocabulary is growing and changing everyday, and her conversational skills astound me. One of my favorite things about working with kids was always hearing their cute little grammatical twists on proper usage. Currently, Jillian uses a little nuance that I find sort of charming despite the error. It really helps emphasize her point and make her case when she is expressing her desires or resisting what we ask her to do. It's a simple little substitution, really....just insert "can't" wherever you would normally use "don't" or "doesn't". Some examples for you to ponder as you consider a shift in your vocabulary, Jillian style:
-"I can't want to take a nap!"
-"I can't wike dat supper!"
-"I can't want to pick up my toys!"
-"I can't want to sit in my car seat!"
-"I can't wike to take a baf (bath)"
-"I can't wike dat tind of yogurt"
-"I can't want my daddy to put me to bed"
-"I can't want to talk on da phone"
-"I can't want to wear dat"
-"It (the puzzle piece) can't want to fit"
-"My dolly can't want to wide in da stwoller"
You get the idea...
No comments:
Post a Comment