Thursday, February 3, 2011
Listen To Me
It is true that I feel as though Jillian is most definitely NOT listening to me at least 99% of the time. She has a gift for doing exactly the opposite of what I request of her, and often watches me for my reaction as she does so. It is painful, frustrating, and ironically so, cute at times. Today, she reminded me that she does sometimes listen (maybe rarely is the better word?!?). As a bit of background, I am always telling her "Watch out for people" as we walk through public places such as the RAC or the grocery store. She is easily distracted by people, and really anything going on in her environment, so she wanders around not really watching where she is going. You can probably picture me reaching out to pull her out of someone's path at the last second, or grab her to avoid a crash into the wall. It's a daily activity for us. So today, we were in Target and turned the corner to head down a busy aisle. Just ahead of us was a mom with 2 kids in the cart, and one slightly older child standing next to her. He was blocking our side of the aisle as he gazed at the items, and I paused as I waited for him to either move, or his mom to tell him to move. After we were able to pass, Jillian looked at him and chided, "You have to watch out for people!" She certainly said it loud enough for anyone nearby to hear, but thankfully, I don't think they did. I had to stifle my giggle. Sounds like she is practicing her bossy tone....yep, she'll be a good big sister.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment