So today we got some news that both of us still find a little (OK, a lot) hard to believe....we are going to have a baby! Imagine my reaction when the nurse said, "Your test came back positive". What? Me? Infertile myrtle?
For the last 3 months I've been on pins and needles as I endured hot flashes, headaches, and the emotional roller coaster of Clomid. We'd been told some years ago that this would likely be what it would take to make us parents. In October, after we agreed it was time, I went to the dr and walked out of the office with the script. We had also decided before we started this little adventure that we would keep it a secret....not an easy feat for an open-book like me. We didn't want the pressure of everyone asking us or worrying about us, etc.
Last week, a blood test confirmed that I had indeed ovulated this month and those results planted a seed of hope, something I had felt little of until then. I took a pregnancy test on Valentine's day, which of course was negative because it was too early to test, but just in case I could give my valentine that extra gift I did it anyway. Yesterday morning (Sunday), I decided I'd try again. What I saw puzzled me--a very faint pink line where the positive line would be. I showed Matt, who being the inquisitive problem solver that he is, examined it from every angle. He concluded that it looked positive, but agreed we should wait a few days before testing again. Being the impatient person that I am, I decided to test again this morning. Same faint line, though a little darker and definitely pink. I e mailed my dr. who suggested I get a blood test this morning......and suddenly I am in the world of the pregnant!
We agreed that we'd wait awhile before sharing this exciting news with anyone--at least until the first ultrasound (scheduled for March 20th). Being the talker that I am, this will be very difficult for me. I tend to like to share details of my life with family and friends, and I like to communicate and be connected with people. So, enter this blog. I/We will record the early adventures of this pregnancy (and beyond) and when the time is right, let others in on our secret. They can read what they want at that time and catch up on our story.....the story of Matlia :)
Monday, February 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations mommy & daddy to be!!!
Post a Comment