Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Under the Weather

I suppose I should officially document Jillian's first illness. She's had a case of bronchiolitis these past few days. She started with a mild cold/cough about ten days ago, but had no fever and was generally happy and sleeping well. Thursday night she began to wheeze and sound worse. We moved her in to our room to be close to her in the night, and fired up the cute little frog humidifer for the first time. I took her in to the dr. on Friday and we were given a nebulizer and some albuterol to help control the wheezing and coughing. She developed a fever of 101 later that day and just began to seem pretty miserable, though still smiling through it all. I took her in again on Saturday for a chest x-ray, and while restraining her as she screamed relentlessly was no fun, it did reveal that she thankfully did not have pneumonia. Matt and I spent a lot of time over the weekend doing the treatments (or should I say chasing her face with a plastic fish mask that blows steam at her while she cries), holding her, and sitting in a steamy bathroom with her to try and loosen up the 'junk'. She's getting progressively better, but I kept her home from daycare today just to be sure. Fever is gone, but she still has some nasty coughing spells in the night and is a bit crankier than usual. She's not too thrilled with the nasal aspirator, (mostly because she has finally learned that I am not offering her food when I approach her with it) and like any child isn't in love with having her nose wiped.
Now that I've recorded this event, I will leave you with a smile in honor of KU's Big Monday win over Oklahoma last night. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
DSC00768

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Sorry she was so sick, but glad she is better!
How are you ever going to resist that beautiful smile? You guys are in for it :)

Team Leach said...

I'm glad she likes her towel!!!

free web counter

Followers