I am rather impressed by Jillian's good behavior over these last few days, she's really been unusually cooperative. Here's what we've been doing to keep ourselves occupied.
Friday--We slept in and then enjoyed another playdate at little Malea's house.


On the way home, we went to Target, where Jillian was content as I ran through the aisles. We started laundry in the evening, and Jillian I'm sure was envious of the Haagen Daz ice cream I ate before bed :)
Saturday--It was rather balmy around these parts--we actually hit 40 degrees! After sleeping around 9 hours Jillian woke up happy and ready to roll. We bundled up and took an hour long stroll through the hood with our neighbor Julianne and Harley the dog. It felt fabulous! Jillian slept soundly as the stroller bumped along over snow covered sidewalks. Later, we went to Culver's to meet Julianne and her daughter, Kyra (3) for lunch. Jillian chewed on a toy and watched the ceiling fan while I ate my lunch, and then enjoyed smiling at Kyra. We did more laundry, and then went over to Jillian's boyfriend, Sean's house for dinner. He's an older man (almost 5 months), but we like his parents so the relationship is approved. I wish I had taken my camera, b/c boy were they cute together! They played under the activity mat and stared longingly in each other's eyes. I even noticed some hand holding :) It's so cute to watch two babies really notice each other. Jillian was asleep by 10 and didn't wake up until 9 on Sunday morning!! That's her longest sleeping stint ever. I must have succeeded at wearing her out.
Sunday--More laundry (are you getting the picture that we have a hard time getting all the laundry done around here?), and a trip to the mall and Babies R Us. Jillian slept for 3 1/2 hours while I carted her here and there to get the errands done. We also did lots of playing. She currently loves her fish activity mat and is even starting to sit and play in her Bumbo seat. It's nice that she can entertain herself for short spurts on an occasional basis.



So today we woke to the great poop of 2009 and headed straight for the bath. Wow! The biggest blowout of her life so far. Nice. After dressing in one of her new outfits from our shopping trip yesterday, she decided she was ready to share her new laugh with the world.

After a late morning snack, we'll attempt to get groceries and finally (hopefully) get that laundry done! But the best part of the day will be when Daddy walks through that door. We'll have lots of smiles and hugs and kisses for him! We can't wait!
1 comment:
Sounds like you two had a lot of fun this weekend! Jillian's new outfit is so adorable, she looks very cute in green. Jillian's laugh is too sweet and it brought tears to my eyes, she is really changing!!!!
Post a Comment