Jillian has now officially completed 2/3 of her first year. Her growth and rate of change just astound me at times. It was not yet a month ago that she began crawling, and yet she now pulls to stand on everything and everyone, and has begun to let go and stand alone for up to 3 seconds at a time. Matt apparently ran at 9 months, so I am bracing myself. I have started dressing her in mostly 12 month clothes (except for 2 piece outfits and dresses--those she can still get by in a 9 month size), and the time to transition to the large convertible car seat is fast approaching.
One of my favorite developments of late is Jillian's desire to initiate games of Peek-A-Boo. She has played this pretty well for awhile now, but not without lots of repetition and engagement from others. Lately she thinks it's fun to start a game of Peek-A-Boo anytime, anywhere, and using anything--her bib, her dress, a burp cloth, or a blanket. It is positively adorable. She and I played a lengthy game in the car today as we traveled home from a weekend road trip to Des Moines (I'll post about the fun we had later), and luckily, I had the camera ready to capture a few seconds of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment