I have decided that grandparents are magical creatures. Really, I have. As soon as one of them comes around, the typically difficult to occupy toddler becomes putty in their hands. Compliant. Attentive. Dare I say, serene? Take the following example: Grammy came into town for a short visit this week, and she must have put our wild child under some sort of a spell. One evening after we returned from a trip to Target, the two of them decided to try out Jillian's new markers (the fabulous Color Wonder kind that mark only on special paper) since she is so into her "dah-ters" (colors) these days. I seized the opportunity to start dinner, certain that the activity would be short-lived. I couldn't believe my eyes (and ears!) as I prepared the entire meal in complete peace while Jillian sat and colored with Grammy like a big girl. We are talking 45 minutes, people! Big stuff for our mover and shaker. When are you moving in, Mom?? :)



On a related note, Jillian is really starting to enjoy having visitors. She devours the extra attention, gives out lots of love in many forms, and continues to ask for said visitor(s) long after they have left. So, for you far away friends and family, now is the perfect time to begin planning your Minnesota vacation (well, you know, in about 3 months when the weather is more tolerable)! Jillian and her tired parents are waiting for you :)
1 comment:
I don't understand it either. Mom is seriously a baby/small child charmer! She has her ways and they always seem to be awed by her! What a great mom and grammy she is!
Post a Comment