Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Rite of Passage
Jillian has officially been initiated into American childhood culture--she had her first McDonald's Happy Meal today. In case you are worried that I am going to push a diet of junk food on my toddler, I will say that it is not something I plan to feed her often. I kind of cringe when I think about it, but who am I to rob her of a good old dose of junk food now and then? All things in moderation (and let's be honest, I love me some McDonald's french fries!). It was obvious she relished this experience, as we dined out with our good friends and neighbors, Kate and Kyra (and their mom, Julianne) after a morning at the gym (and gym daycare for the tots) on a snow day. Jillian devoured an entire plain cheeseburger and as many fries as I let her get her hands on, all the while exclaiming, "Mmmm!!!" I did contemplate giving her the apple slices they offer in place of french fries, but then she wouldn't have had the true experience, so I went all in. I nearly had to pry her out of the high chair at the end of the meal as she shouted, "more, more, more". Thank goodness for the Happy Meal toy to distract her--they even have special toys for kids under 3. That was news to me! Here's our girl in fast-food heaven. This 'fix' will have to last her awhile :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment