Monday, November 29, 2010

Talkative

It is true that I find this stage of development to be particularly challenging. However, I am continually amused by Jillian's language development and find her speaking abilities to be absolutely precious. She now speaks in complete sentences. I no longer hear, "Muck please" (milk please). I hear "Mommy, I want my muck please", or "I want to have it my snack now" (I never said she was always grammatically correct...even cuter). Jillian also provides a running commentary for all that is going on. She openly labels everything that we do, step by step. Matt was upstairs changing his clothes after work tonight and she gave the rapid play by play..."Daddy take the socks off, Daddy take the shirt off, Daddy put the shirt on". If I head into the bathroom she says, "Mommy go potty, Mommy get the tee paper (toilet paper), Mommy flush it the toilet". I am trying hard to remember all the cute things she says, but there are so many that I cannot. Here are a few things I've heard the last several days....

-As I was in the bathroom washing my face she came up to me holding 2 bath toys in her hand. She held up one hand and said, "This is mine walrus". Then held up the other and exclaimed, "This is mine doldfish (goldfish)"

-"I'm twazy (crazy)...ahhhhh!!!!"

-"Santa Twaus is across the street" (referring to the Santa Claus in the neighbor's yard)

-"I smell stinky gas!"

-"I want to have it the take" (I want to have cake)

-"I flush it the toilet"

-She found Matt's lunchbox in the kitchen, walked up to me holding it and said, "I'm going to the work".

-She grabbed her Elmo backpack and came to me and said, "Mommy I am going to go to school"

-"Mommy go to cake twass, Book tum over" (Mommy is going to cake class and Brooke is coming over to watch me)

-"Pee shoo Tarlie (Charlie)...dat poop stinks" (referring to herself as I change her diaper)

-As Matt leaves for work, she says, "Be tareful, otay?" (be careful, OK)

-After I exclaim over a beautiful craft she's made, I hear "I show it to the daddy home for supper on the fridge-rator" (I'll show it to Daddy when he comes home for supper and put it on the refrigerator)

Who knows what she'll say next?

No comments:

free web counter

Followers