Yesterday, Miss Jillian turned 3 months old, or has her dad put it, a quarter of a year old! Wow! Time does fly. Jillian is now 13 lbs 14 oz, and 24 1/4 inches long. She is at an absolutely adorable stage and charms us easily and frequently with her smiles, 'talking', and new skills. This week she laughed out loud for the first time and I have spent a lot of time trying to elicit more--it was just so darn cute. This week also brought a big change in that I went back to work and Jillian went to daycare. Tuesday morning was rough, but somehow we made it. She did well at daycare and got a good report all three days. They told me she is a 'great' baby and doesn't fuss unless she needs something (diaper change, bottle, etc)...that's what a mom likes to hear! I must praise Jillian here by saying that she did perfectly in regards to the morning routine I attempted to establish. She has begun going to bed a bit earlier--usually around 9:30 or 10. I woke at 5:30 and got ready and then woke her at 6:30 to dress, feed, and load her in the car by 7 or so. I was able to get her to daycare, spend time getting her settled, and got to work by 8. I was exhausted already! I found myself experiencing all sorts of interesting emotions as I struggled to 'work' while really thinking about my baby all day, wondering what she was doing ,etc. It was just an odd feeling to go to work for the first time as a mom after working all these years as just 'Malia'. One of the most joyful moments of the work week was going to see my ladies at the coffee shop. If you've been reading this blog for some time, you will remember my affinity for these ladies and their excellent customer service (my drink was ready before I got to the front of the line to order!) They were happy to see me, made over pictures of Jillian, and gave me a free latte...can't beat that!
I will admit that my coping mechanism for returning to work was just to tell myself that I only had to get through this week. Poor choice of coping mechanism. I'm already dreading beginning the crazy cycle again on Tuesday. I could go on and on, about my current inner turmoil over the situation, but I'll spare you the details. Instead, some highlights of the last week.....
Sporting her little black dress (the onesie reads: "this is my little black dress") Thanks, Ami!

Napping in Mimi's arms during a short visit to our house

Trying on the hat that Mimi brought....it should work just great next winter

Dressed for the KU basketball game...I think she's thinking "I can't believe how terrible they are playing!!"

Going to daycare does make her quite tired in the evenings...or perhaps she's just expressing boredom with the previously mentioned KU game.

All smiles on her actual Quarter Year Birthday

Lastly, a couple of cute shots of her bundled up and ready to leave the house. This is the sweet face that peeks out of the carseat at me. I just love it.

3 comments:
Oh Malia, I just love following the blog! Such wonderful way to let us watch Jilly grow up! I watch Hadley's and then go to yours! I need Megan's blog address please.
Tell everyone hello - gin
Glad you enjoy the blog, Gin! I love doing it, just wish I could get to it more often. Meg's blog is www.babywidmer.blogspot.com
OMG pinch me!!! I love her!!!
Post a Comment