Sunday, November 8, 2009

Adventures in Urbandale

We've just returned from a few days in the Des Moines area, and we all enjoyed our time there. I attended a fabulous continuing ed conference while Matt and Jilly Bean hung out at Grammy and Grandad's during the day. We enjoyed A LOT of great food (pretty sure Grammy never left the kitchen) and time with family. Aunt Mal and our cousin Lindsay (who had yet to meet our little lady) drove up from KC, too. As an added bonus, Matt and I enjoyed a great date night out on Friday. Can't beat free (and high quality) childcare! Here are a few shots from our time in Urbandale.

The weather was f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s so Jillian spent lots of time outdoors. She took a stroll with Lindsay..
park1
with lindsay
Did some swinging at the park
park2
And worked on her ball handling skills
park3

Grammy and Grandad had a little birthday celebration for Jillian. One of the gifts she got was this very fun rocking horse. Jillian isn't so sure it is fun yet (she is kind of afraid of it!), but decided it would be ok to indirectly ride the horse if Aunt Mal would ride it first!
riding horsey

She also discovered the 'waterfall' that Grammy has in her kitchen (for her kitty, Urban)
waterfall
And begged us to let her try soda (we of course, declined)
diet coke
I promise we are not trying to make her look like a boy by letting her run around with her shirt off. She had just eaten a very messy dinner and was headed toward the tub!
Speaking of...she also enjoyed frolicking in Grammy's tub. When Aunt Mal draws a bath, she really fills up the tub! (Mommy is no fun and makes a very shallow bath)
in a tub
We are getting settled back into our routine today...I must admit I miss all the help :)

1 comment:

Team Leach said...

Yes, I let Jilly bathe in a pool! ; )

Miss her lots! And you and Matt too!

free web counter

Followers