I am the first to admit that I am not a huge fan of the tundra we live in for one primary and obvious reason: the weather. Don't get me wrong, the summers are beautiful, but the brevity of them does not erase the pain that follows. I will, however, say that we have had a lovely fall this year. Jillian loves to run around outside and enjoys picking up leaves, taking strolls, swinging at the park, and relishes in the relative freedom of the great outdoors. At some point, and I fear it is sooner rather than later, mother nature will turn this place into a deep freeze for the next 6+ months. So we have to be prepared. As the parent of a busy (did I mention busy?!)toddler, this means I must stock all necessary attire that will allow any small bit of outdoor play during winter months, because let's face it--we will all go nuts if we are stuck in the house all winter. Toward that end, Jillian and I ventured out to look for a snow suit today. I struggled to decide on the right size in the store, and even attempted to have her stand next to the stroller so I could hold the two in question up next to her. I'm not sure what possessed me to do that, by the way, because she tasted freedom and bolted through the racks of clothes as soon as I took her out of the stroller. It wasn't pretty to say the least. So I bought the bigger size (24 months!) and away we went. After we got home, I decided we should have a winter-wear fashion show. I bundled her up (except for the shoe covers) and in my best excited voice, exclaimed, "Now we are ready for the snow!" This was Jillian's response:

I think she is thinking, "If this is what I have to wear, then I don't think I want it to snow!"
If that isn't a look of apprehension about the impending blizzard conditions, I don't know what is. I definitely share in her sentiment about the situation.
So now we are ready, and we will brace ourselves for the arrival of the arctic air....but we will still be dreaming of sun and warm weather!!
2 comments:
Ah poor Jilly! Reminds me of Randy, the kid off the Christmas Story bundled up so much he couldn't move. I am sure Jillian will adapt and find a way to run free!
HAHA poor Jillian!!! Looks like she is more of a sunny weather and shades girl!!! I would be too if I lived in the Tundra.
Post a Comment