Friday, April 16, 2010

Making Connections

Everyone knows that Jillian loves Elmo. She can find him anywhere and on anything. Apparently, she can also spot him when "he" is in our neighborhood. She was across the street swinging with the neighbor girls last week when their next door neighbor (a woman in her 60's, I would guess, with a head full of short, red, curly hair) walked outside. I was not present, but Julianne tells me that Jillian started excitedly shouting, "Elmo! Elmo! Elmo!" as she pointed at the woman. I can only imagine what that poor woman thought. I sincerely hope she didn't hear her!
Similarly, Jillian can now recognize most family members in pictures. Take for example, a moment of discovery she had today as we read one of her Sesame Street books before naptime. She got a very proud expression on her face as she spontaneously found "Daddy!"

Yep, looks just like him :)

No comments:

free web counter

Followers