Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Taste of Summer

We have had fantastic weather this week, and that really makes the mom of a busy toddler a happy woman. It is nice to be able to get out of the house and spend time at the park and engage in other outdoor activities. I picked up a water play table earlier this week, and Jillian has been having a grand time drenching herself on the deck.

I also picked up some popsicle molds on that same shopping trip. My mom used to make them for us when we were small, and I thought it would be fun to try different flavors and combos with Jillian. She tried her first official popsicle after dinner tonight, a blend of apple and prune juices. I admit that I have a hidden agenda with this first batch--the girl really needs to up her consumption of prune products, if you catch my drift. The molds have a cover that doubles as a handle, but as you will see, it is pretty cumbersome for small hands.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Water table looks like fun, hopefully I can come play with you sometime soon Jilly!

As for the popsicle, they must taste awful by your expression, Aunt Meggie will buy you some better tasting popsicles that you will actually enjoy!

Love you!

GreenGirl said...

Vincent and Julianne will have to bring some bomb pops over for a treat sometime..

free web counter

Followers