Jillian visited the dentist today for her 6 month check-up. You might be laughing now that you just read that (trust me, Matt thinks it's ridiculous that I took her), but it is really her second visit. I first took her back in the fall when I noticed some dark staining on her teeth. We have a wonderful pediatric dental practice here in town, and the dentist thought I should bring her in (all is well, and stains are gone). She recommends that kids see the dentist every 6 months starting around 1 anyway, so it really wasn't too early to take her. For this visit, she was a bit busier than the last as you might imagine. She loved running wild around the waiting room, pointing out the fish in the tank and trying to count them, and throwing all the books on the floor. I was relieved when we were called back for the exam, and Jillian discovered lots of fun toys waiting for her.
She brushed a monkey's teeth....

and then the horsey....

then finally crawled up into the exam chair and insisted on taking all furry friends with her.

She also enjoyed playing with a dental mirror and some exam gloves (she insisted on wearing them)
And just how did she do for her exam? Let's just say she much preferred to be the examiner, as opposed to playing the role of the examinee...but her screaming protests really did make it easier for the dentist to get a good peek inside. Jillian has 12 teeth now, so all that remain are her 4 eye teeth and the 2 year molars. She got an excellent report, and was rewarded for her screaming with lots of stickers and a new toothbrush. I especially appreciated how the hygenist took her in a play room and watched her while I checked out with the receptionist--what service!
No comments:
Post a Comment