Sunday, June 20, 2010

Like Father, Like Daughter

Most people know that Matt has an unhealthy obsession with stickers. (I may have blogged about this before, so if I have, just ignore the rest of this post and forgive my mommy-brain). He peels them off of everything, rolls them up, and sticks them on the edges of counter tops, etc so that he can get a sticky-hit every know and then. He even goes so far as to put them on his lips sometimes. I often get in trouble for not showing the stickers any respect as I sometimes bump into them and wear off the stickiness, or worse yet, throw them away (how dare I throw away a sticker?!) When Jillian was a baby, I caught him trying to touch a sticker to Jillian's lips. He was determined to pass on this odd sensory-seeking behavior to our daughter, and has enjoyed teasing me about that prospect since her birth. Much to my chagrin, he's succeeded. Jillian may look like her mother, but she definitely got plenty of her father's genes as well. It is only fitting, then, that on Father's Day I caught her doing this.

She had climbed the couch to get to Matt's beloved sticker so she could get a "fix" for herself. He couldn't be more proud.

1 comment:

Team Leach said...

Man, she is her father's daughter!

free web counter

Followers