Jillian is currently using a rather interesting style of sentence structure to get her point across. It's got a nice ring of persuasion to it, and is spoken with enthusiasm and persistence as she goes about her day expressing her desires. So just what is this style I speak of? It's simple, really: make a request and then end your sentence with the word "yeah", and you too can speak "Jillianese". Here are some ways in which this simple little word is incorporated into everyday language for our little lady...
"Stairs Elmo yeah" (I want to go downstairs and watch Elmo)
"RAC first yeah" (I want to go to the RAC before we do anything else today)
"Try Elmo potty yeah" (I want to sit on my Elmo potty)
"Back car yeah" (I want to ride in Daddy's old black car with no air conditioning. I'd much prefer it over Mommy's nice new car.)
"Tuzzin yeah" (I want to Skype and see Aunt Meggie's big belly that has my cousin inside)
"Muck too yeah" (I want some milk, too)
"Cheese all yeah" (This is all the cheese you're going to give me, right?)
"In dare yeah" (I want to go in there)
"Tate Tee-rah fish yeah" (I want to go feed Kate and Kyra's fish)
"Tookie Target yeah" (I want a cookie at Target)
"Pizza wunch Max yeah" (I want to have pizza for lunch with my friend Max)
"Diaper change yeah" (Please change my diaper)
"Big Bird juice yeah" (I want some juice that comes in the box with Big Bird on it)
"Muh-moon Hy-Vee fish poopy Dora yeah" (I want a balloon at Hy-Vee while we are grocery shopping. Don't forget to take me by the meat department to feed the fish. The water they are in is dirty and it looks like poop to me. After we see the fish, please go by the Mexican food aisle so I can see the Dora pinata)
"Poopies out yeah" (I pooped!)
"Daddy toes yeah" (I want you to change out of your work clothes and into your play clothes, Daddy)
"Daddy no work yeah" (I don't want Daddy to go to work)
"Teeth yeah" (I want to brush my teeth)
"Nose suffy out yeah" (My nose is stuffy, please suck out the snot)
"Mommy do it yeah" (I want Mommy to help me)
And my personal favorite....
"No yeah" (I don't want to do whatever it is you've asked me to do)
We hear that one a lot lately, generally accompanied by tears and other behavioral drama.
2 comments:
I love Jillianese, yeah! She is too funny, yeah!
Love you Jilly Yeah!
OOOhhh Jillian! You are something else. What a fun little gal you are becoming. And a funny one too! = ) Aunt Mal sure does miss you and can't wait to see you as a "Flower Girl, YEAH!"
Love you!
Aunt Mal
Post a Comment