On Christmas Eve, we went to the RAC for a quick workout, then I enjoyed watching Matt take Jillian swimming. We picked up a pizza for lunch and all had naps before getting ready for church. I did my best to get pics of Jillian in front of the tree...you can see I had a bit of trouble.
We enjoyed a meal of baked potato soup upon return and Jillian got to open up the traditional new pair of pajamas. Matt and I had some nice quiet time to exchange and enjoy our gifts to each other once she was in bed. We played Santa and got the tree ready for our Elmo lover (did you know that Santa knows where to get Elmo wrapping paper?)
Jillian woke with excitement on Christmas morning and we headed down to see what had been left for her. I honestly expected the present opening to last about 5 minutes, but she surprised us both as she calmly opened one gift at a time and proceeded to play with each before requesting "more presents". Santa left her several fun gifts, but it is the baby doll bathtub that won her over. The cheapest, silliest (in Matt's opinion) gift of the bunch, but she loves it dearly, and I am thankful she is content to bathe her babies with pretend water for now. Here are a few shots from Christmas morning.
Testing out a new potty
Playing doctor with Daddy (someone should tell that radiologist that he is out of practice with a blood pressure cuff!)
Listening to Elmo's heart
We had a low key morning in our jammies, then Jilly and Daddy headed out with the neighbors for a bit of sledding fun. I am told that she had the time of her life! Later that evening we dined on brisket and necessary fixings before enjoying the birthday cake Jilly and I made for Baby Jesus. It was red velvet with cream cheese frosting, and "sparkles" (sprinkles) courtesy of the one and only Jillian. She absolutely insisted we get a candle and sing "Happy Birthday"...so we did! (for the record, we had to repeat this with each slice consumed on subsequent nights)
What a fantastic day spent with my two favorite people--one to surely be remembered for many Christmases to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment