So sweet to see my mother and my daughter cuddled up together reading books. Other fun activities with Grammy this week have included dancing, shopping at Target, and the newfound hobby of jumping in puddles with rain boots.
Grandad spent a lot of time and hard work on a special project--a big girl room for Jillian! He began last visit by sanding doors/trim and priming the walls. We intended to continue where he left off, but time just hasn't allowed. So, he graciously offered to chip away at the task. We are so thankful for his hard work! Jillian got in on a bit of the action, and was able to help with some painting, too!
As you can see, she was perfectly primped for the job. Nothing like making sure you've got a bow in your hair before engaging in some manual labor! Though I did forget to snap a pic of the original color of this room (painted a deep merlot to be our office and second guest room about 4 years ago), I found a spot of the red still remaining around the light switch so that you can see what a big job this was to cover.
Grandad was able to finish all the painting, and the room is now a fabulous shade of "morning sunlight". Carpets will be cleaned next week, and then we can start assembling the new furniture and decorating. I'll keep you in suspense and will make a grand reveal when the task is complete! I will, however, share a short clip of Jillian's painting debut. I think she looks pretty handy with a roller. She's available to help with your next project for a small fee.
Just in case you are worried that Grandad was stuck in this room all week, I will share that he did enjoy a special 1:1 outing with the wild child as well. He took her to her self-proclaimed favorite store (PetSmart), and to McDonald's for a Happy Meal lunch. Hopefully Daddy will be pleasantly surprised by the progress we've made around the homestead--can't wait for him to get home!
No comments:
Post a Comment