Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Yes, Mom
Jillian has had two vocabulary-related changes this week that I want to remember. Both of these make me realize how she is quickly morphing into a preschooler, and leaving toddlerhood behind. Prior to this week, Jillian always answered questions with "yeah", "uh huh" or something similar. Suddenly, she replies with a confident "yes" as she confirms her desires and ideas. May sound small, but it really struck me when she said for the first time. Secondly, she has started calling me "Mom". Whatever happened to good old "Mommy"?! Aren't older kids supposed to call their mother "mom"? She still refers to me as Mommy when talking about me to others or in play ("Dat's Mommy's jacket" or "I'm going to give this to Mommy"), but when she comes to me to ask for something, or calls out to me, I am suddenly addressed as "Mom"...."Mom, it's wunchtime", or "Mom, I want to do a puzzle". I'm not sure I'm ready for this transition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment