I've had a lot of people ask me about any cravings I've had or am having. Here's the scoop up to this point.
When I first found out I was pregnant (right at 4 weeks), I wasn't sick for about another 2 1/2-3 weeks. During that time I had some intense dairy desires--string cheese, milk, and chocolate pudding to be specific. Lots and lots of dairy. As I began to get sick on a more regular basis, I found cereal to be more and more comforting to me. It wasn't unusual for me to eat 3 bowls a day of the stuff--usually 3 different kinds. I was eating cereal that I don't normally eat--fruity cheerios, golden grahams, frosted mini wheats. Now I've settled back into a normal routine of one bowl/day of something with more fiber and nutrition (grape nuts, raisin nut bran, etc). Let's not forget about my adoration of Pop Tarts as mentioned in a previous post. After a good 6-8 weeks of 2 frosted brown sugar and cinnamon Pop Tarts/day, I successfully retired the habit about 2 weeks ago. My second breakfast is currently a whole wheat English muffin, toasted twice, and topped with light cream cheese. It's delicious and I must have it about 9 a.m. at work. I've even been known to turn down doughnuts that someone brought in to work for it. Enter the ice cream. I have always loved ice cream, I come by it honestly--there are some serious ice cream lovers in the Birnbaum family. Currently, my ice cream regimen consists of a nightly hand-stirred concoction of Kemp's Light Dutch Chocolate and milk eaten with a spoon. It just works for me. Finally, I will discuss my most consistent and strongest craving of all. I wouldn't call it weird, just an odd thing to crave....Perrier. Don't tell me to try a cheaper brand or different brand, I don't like it. The bubbles in Perrier are absolutely perfect and when it is chilled and served sans-ice with a twist of lemon or lime it is heaven. At one point I was drinking a good liter/day of the stuff. Now I just have it on my way to work, kind of like my coffee substitute. We were out for two days last week and it was almost emergency state around here. Thankfully, all balance is now restored. Now if I can just keep Matt out of my stash....
No comments:
Post a Comment