It was six years ago today that Matt and I were married. Those of you who were there will remember it was a perfect day--blue skies, about 75 degrees, and no wind. It really was a magical day in every way for us. Every day that I'm Matt's wife is a wonderful day. I don't just love my husband, I genuinely like him. There's no one I'd rather spend my time with, no one I'd rather laugh with (or who can make me laugh more), no one I'd rather be on a life journey with, and no one I'd rather begin adventures in parenting with. He amazes me more and more as time goes on.
A typical anniversary for us would include some sort of special outing or short getaway, a nice dinner out, re-lighting of our unity candle (yes, we do light it every year), and a quick viewing of our wedding video highlights (this is a compromise--I'd love to watch the whole 2+ hours of footage, but Matt prefers the 10 minute re-cap). This year Matt is on neuro call for the next week 24/7, so we couldn't really plan anything. We spent the morning moving furniture and everything that once was in the soon to be nursery is out of the room. We now have a blank slate to begin creating our little girl's first room. Matt got called in and was gone for several hours, so I cleaned the house and did the grocery shopping. Matt did yardwork upon his return home and then we enjoyed a nice steak dinner on the patio. We hung out with the neighbors for a bit after dinner and now we're relaxing in the basement. Not our typical anniversary day, but I imagine that it will get a little more difficult each year to set aside the day just for us as our family grows. Happy #6, Matt, I love you.
1 comment:
I didn't know you re-lit your unity candle!
Post a Comment