As mentioned in the previous post, my belly is starting to pop on out a bit more. It's as if the baby is beginning to say, "Excuse me, Mom, I need more room here". All pants are officially unbuttoned (or are just worn lower on the hips, but that does create a saggy crotch problem I don't like) and I have even employed the hair band trick, though I'm not impressed with its performance on anything other than jeans. Today I ordered a bella band (you can learn about them at http://www.ingridandisabel.com/), so we'll see how that works. My shirts are getting shorter and so that means it really is time for a shopping trip to see what I can come up with. Overall, I'm feeling pretty good. Not really nauseated much anymore--but I still have occasional random acts of vomiting that I can't quite figure out. It seems to happen when I give in to a craving for greasy foods (i.e. Mc Donald's, pizza, etc) or if I have a big meal (which is not bigger than normal, but apparently my pre-pregnancy meal size is a bit too big these days). I also feel worse on the weekends and I think that's because I'm not forced to get up and moving in the morning. On a typical weekday, I'm up to eat then go for a vigorous walk on the treadmill before eating again and then heading to work. I feel more tired than I did in the first trimester, or maybe I just notice fatigue more b/c I'm not distracted by the nausea. At any rate, I am suddenly sleeping incredibly well and not waking in the night to go to the bathroom or eat. I'll enjoy this while I can. Here are a couple of pics of the belly over the last week....and another photo I just had to share. Yes, ladies and gentleman, this goofball who is obsessed with his new Mario Kart Wii game is about to become a father. Note the sticker rolled up and stuck to his lips. Those of you who know Matt understand that he has an intense love of stickers and pulls them off of anything--he especially likes them on his lips or between his fingers. My mom has always said she can tell when Matt has been at her house b/c the stickers on every item in the fridge are missing. It's hilarious to watch him go straight for the stickers whenever he's concentrating or is stressed out. There are rolled up stickers stuck to many surfaces in our home, strategically placed for his access at any point in time. They drive me nuts and I'm always getting in trouble for throwing them away. However, the OT in me can't help but respect this overt form of self-regulation--it's like a baby with a pacifier :)


No comments:
Post a Comment