-Baby heart rate great
-My BP 100/66
-Gained another 3 1/2 lbs (in 2 1/2 weeks!) for a total of 33.5 lbs
-No more measuring of the belly, not accurate after 34 weeks
-Got my Group B test done, will get results at next appt.
-Discussed whether or not we are going to do prophylactic heparin after delivery (if you're new to reading and have no idea why I'm discussing this, you can go back to the April 2nd post titled 'MFM Consult'), and we decided to go ahead. She said that my risk of blood clot is much higher in the 6 weeks after delivery than it is while pregnant, so in her words: "can't hurt, might help, and will probably make you feel better". So, the order is entered and I'll be giving myself a low dose shot of heparin twice a day for six weeks after the sweet babe is born.
-And the big news of the visit is that I am officially 50% effaced and 1 cm dilated! I could very well stay this way for weeks, of course, but it just makes me feel like we're making a bit of progress and we're on our way. I'll go back for another visit on October 7th.
-I also stopped at hospital admissions and we are officially 'pre-registered'...so they're ready for us when we arrive.
I thought it was time for some updated pics--I really do look like I'm about to pop, but you can judge for yourself. These were taken Friday night at 35 3/7 weeks exactly. I've got more updates about the weekend and preparations coming soon, but I'm ready for a shower and bed so you will just have to wait until tomorrow.


10 comments:
I can't believe how huge your belly is!!! There is such a big difference in the 33rd week and 35th week! Wow! Won't be long until she is here! Love all 3 of you!
Aunt Mal
Holy cow!!!! I cannot believe how huge you are. Now I understand why you are so uncomfortable!!!!
And you guys thought I was exaggerating--told you I'm huge!! Maybe I should practice my mooing.
I am so jealous...no stretch marks and such a cute belly:)
I am so excited for you!
also after learning about pregnancy in nursing school your linea nigra is very prominent! = ) that's nurse mal speaking!
Love ya!
Here are my social work terms, How does it make you feel to have a prominent belly?
This weekend, I'm telling you....Sunday night, baby girl Howe will be joining the hood!
I sure hope it happens this weekend!!! = )
If she comes Sunday night, you'll have to name her Sunday (is that the name???)
Let's get this straight, ladies...she is NOT coming this weekend! She has to wait until deck building is over :)
Post a Comment