Tuesday, September 23, 2008

How Are You Feeling?

I get asked that question many times a day. I'm starting to wonder if people ask, perhaps, because I am now waddling around slowly sort of like a penguin :) I think how I feel can be summed up in a few adjectives: tired, lazy, anxious, emotional, and overwhelmed.

Tired: I think my physical fatigue is much greater now than in the first trimester. Though I felt tired then, it was nothing like people had described. Do not confuse my being tired with being sleepy--I'm physically exhausted but not sleepy. And I'm not sleeping well--how can I when I literally get up to pee 5 times a night? (and have I mentioned the little sweetheart seems to enjoy ramming her head on my bladder? This causes some interesting pains...but I digress)I suppose nature is preparing me for the late night parties I'm about to have with my daughter :)

Lazy: By the time I work all day (and I've been working later than usual), make dinner, clean up, make lunches, etc, I just park it on the couch down here until it's time to shower and go to bed. (I should give credit to my sweet husband here, he helps me A LOT) I'm too lazy to get up and take pictures of the nursery and post them, too lazy to figure out our new camera for myself, too lazy to iron the 5 pairs of pants that are waiting for me, too lazy to pay the bills right now, too lazy to pack the hospital bag, etc--however, I just might be driving Matt crazy b/c I TALK about doing all these things, yet, here I sit.

Anxious: I'm anxious about tying up loose ends at work, anxious about completing my nesting projects before she arrives, anxious about getting through these last few weeks and birthing a healthy baby, and yes, a bit anxious about delivery. I keep hearing this is normal....and who are we kidding, I'm prone to being a bit more anxious than the average bear anyway....I can be honest, I have good self awareness :)

Emotional: Tears have always come easily for me, and they are at an all time high. I cry because I'm overwhelmed with all to do, cry because I'm tired and can't cope, cry because I'm happy, cry because I'm excited, cry because I'm sensitive....etc. Matt has been so absolutely wonderful handling these moments and I am so grateful. We giggled last night as we read the week 35 info in the pregnancy books, because they all described my emotions and outbursts perfectly. Ahhh, feels good to be normal.

Overwhelmed: I'm overwhelmed by work, overwhelmed by the home tasks I want to complete, and overwhelmed at the intense realization that life is about to change forever. I'm also overwhelmed by the love I feel for my husband and our daughter-to-be, and incredibly overwhelmed thinking about the moment in which we will meet her. It's an overwhelming blessing and I'm just plain excited!

1 comment:

Team Leach said...

I read your posts a little teary tonight thinking about how exciting it is that she is almost here. I can't believe it has gone so fast and I will probably cry my eyes out with joy the first time I get to meet my little niece! I love all 3 of you and am so blessed to get to be a part of this experience!!! How wonderful life is and all of the things God has blessed our family with!

Love the 3 of you!

Aunt Mal

free web counter

Followers