As mentioned in yesterday's post, we arrived home on Halloween. We originally had grand plans to put Jilly Bean in her costume (a darling lady bug swaddle blanket and hat) that I bought just in case we were here, and hand out candy. As soon as we got home we realized we were nuts to even consider it--we were exhausted, mommy was emotional from bringing her baby home, and the thought of socializing just wasn't appealing. So, daddy ordered mommy to nap most of the evening between feedings. The first night was a bit rough, as expected--mommy got about 1 1/2 hours of sleep in 20 minute increments. But, as usual, daddy was wonderful and made her rest during the day, helped at night, etc. He really is fabulous. He even bought mommy sushi for dinner and it was HEAVENLY! Forgot to take a pic of that event. Here are some home going pics and a video.....
Yesterday, the weather was so nice here (almost 60), so we went on our first stroller ride. Jillian loved it. Slept the whole time. Other firsts: First bath at home (sponge bath) and first story from daddy in her glider (out of the womb, anyway...he's read to her for months). For the record, it was "Moo Baa La La La"
We're experimenting with different 'shift-work' at night, and last night was a bit better--think Mommy ended up with close to 4 hours total across the night. Daddy got about that much lumped in one sum. We're very excited to have Grammy (Malia's mom) arriving later today. Jillian is saving up her energy for her....she's been sleeping all morning :)
You 2 are amazing, to keep us all so connected with your beautiful family via this website! Your little "Jilly Bean" (how cute is that?) is absolutely gorgeous & I'm glad to hear that you've already learned 2 of the very most important tools of parenthood--flexibility & teamwork. Bravo, Matt & Malia, & love & blessings to the 3 Howes!
Simply BEAUTIFUL! Adriana and I are honored that Moo Baa La La La was her first book. It was Adriana's favorite and she had it memorized when she was two. I hope you wear the ink off the pages! Congrats again on your beautiful family.
6 comments:
What a Beautiful family! Malia~ you look great!
You 2 are amazing, to keep us all so connected with your beautiful family via this website! Your little "Jilly Bean" (how cute is that?) is absolutely gorgeous & I'm glad to hear that you've already learned 2 of the very most important tools of parenthood--flexibility & teamwork. Bravo, Matt & Malia, & love & blessings to the 3 Howes!
I just cried when I saw how beautiful the three of you are together. Ok...pregnant hormones kicked in but it was just so darn sweet...
:D
She's beautiful! :)
Simply BEAUTIFUL! Adriana and I are honored that Moo Baa La La La was her first book. It was Adriana's favorite and she had it memorized when she was two. I hope you wear the ink off the pages! Congrats again on your beautiful family.
Post a Comment