Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Two Weeks Old

A certain little someone is two weeks old today! I must say this second week has been rather challenging....this baby wants to eat all the time and rarely sleep. I cannot comfort her without her wanting to nurse. This has been frustrating and exhausting for both of us. I did talk to the lactation consultant yesterday, who encouraged me to practice 'switch nursing', since it appears we have a 'gourmet baby'. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I guess :) This seems to be getting better, and as I type, the little one has actually been napping in her bed for almost 2 hours!! Unprecedented. I only wish she'd tell me beforehand so I'd know that I could get some rest...or even better, if she'd do it during the night :) Hopefully my tailbone will heal soon and I can be more comfortable. I'm a bit confined to the basement, as the couch here is the only place I can sit in a pseudo comfortable fashion to nurse. Can't sit in her glider, the couch upstairs, or anywhere else....it is wearing on me. The recovery is definitely worse than the childbirth itself. Who woulda thunk it? Thankfully, my mom is still here...but will leave Friday. I get tearful just thinking about it, but I know we'll manage, and it won't be long before we've got more help in the house again. Tonight, Matt and I are going on a short date...out to eat sushi alone before mom leaves. I did go to Target alone last night, which was weird and nice all at the same time. Now, I'm off to see if I can sneak in a shower before the little lady is ready for another feast. I will leave you with some rare 'quiet' shots of the wee one over the last few days :)

This was what we intended to have her wear on Halloween as we passed out candy...
DSC00278

DSC00285
DSC00281
DSC00288

1 comment:

Team Leach said...

She seriously gets cuter every time I see her!! I can't wait to snuggle her in 2 weeks!!! Love you all!

free web counter

Followers