Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Two Month Exam

Yesterday, Miss Jilly and I went to visit our pediatrician for the 2 month well child check up. As suspected, this little lady isn't so little....12 lbs 12 oz! Holy moly. Just over 23 inches long. This puts her in the 89th percentile for weight, and the 71st for height. Head circumference is in 85%. So she is quite the big girl these days, having packed on 3 inches and almost 5 lbs since birth. (Needless to say that the 3 month sized sleepers are too short now! I get all sad as I pull clothes out of her closet that she can't wear anymore. Some of those sleepers I just bought 2 weeks ago!) OK moving on.....
She got a clean bill of health from the dr., who commented many times on just how strong Jillian is. She suspects we'll have an early crawler and walker on our hands (like her Daddy). I suspect she'll be an early talker (like her Mama) as well...I swear we had a 5 minute conversation last night before bed. I was just in awe of the length of time that she engaged with me.
The dr. visit was capped off with three shots and an oral vaccine. As suspected, she didn't really mind that oral vaccine...anything she can eat she appreciates (and therefore she also liked her first dose ever of infant tylenol following the shots). She did NOT enjoy those shots. Wow, did she ever scream. Lots of tears and a loud distressed cry. Poor baby, and poor mama who got a little teary right along with her. She calmed with her pacifier (I know she was mad b/c she almost never takes a pacifier)and a few minutes of snuggling and then fell asleep in her carseat for the trip home. She was a bit more needy than usual in the evening, not interested in her toys at all, just being held by one of us. I know that the experience must have worn her out (or maybe it was that second dose of tylenol...) b/c she slept for 9 hours last night!! Yep, 11 p.m. to 8 a.m. Not bad for a 2 month old, eh? I seriously almost went in and looked at her several times b/t 6 and 8 to make sure she was still breathing. If only I could actually sleep that entire time she slept...
The fabulous night of sleeping, however, didn't come without cost: though she was smiling and happy when I went in to get her, she had the most serious blow-out of her life...poop EVERYWHERE. The sleeper and onesie were not salvagable--really--and she headed straight for the bath!
Here she is last night, sporting her 3 circus bandaids to cover her battle wounds. Look at those thighs!
DSC00545

3 comments:

Team Leach said...

I just wanna pinch those thighs!!! = ) Did you take those vanilla soothies tot he Dr.?!?!

Matt and Malia said...

oh yeah, she sucked that vanilla soothie like crazy once she had settled a bit

Paula (Mom) said...

She is surely changing and growing so fast. I miss her and can just imagine how she disliked the shots! Give her a big kiss from her Grandma!

free web counter

Followers