Our girl loves her bath! We've started giving her a bath in the evenings as part of a bedtime routine that includes putting on her jammies, a story, and a nightcap (of milk of course). Last week, I suddenly decided to bite the bullet and put her in her crib. I wasn't sure it would go well, because she really has only slept well in her swing (it's stationary) and she's been consistently sleeping 8 or 9 hours--I really didn't want to rock that boat. But--last Wednesday, she fell asleep while I was nursing her around 9. Usually, she'll wake again so I laid her down in her pack 'n play and went to brush my teeth and get ready for bed. I came back downstairs and waited.....finally at 11:30 I laid down on the couch and fell asleep. Though she was right next to me and I heard every single noise (she is the noisiest sleeper ever), I didn't mind. Why, you ask? She slept until 7:30! On a flat surface! Unprecedented. That showed me that she was ready for the big time.Since then we've been putting her in her crib and trying to get her down to sleep earlier. Last night she was asleep by 9:30 and slept until 7 this morning. Tonight I finally got her down at 10. Fingers crossed. We really need for this to continue to go well--I will already be a mess this week leaving her at daycare on Tues, Wed, and Thurs--add in sleep deprivation and things won't be pretty. For any of us. Oh, but that's not the point of this post. Without further ado, here's our girl splashing in the bath!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Too cute!!! She used to hate having a bath!!! Glad she is being a good sleeper too!! Way to go Jilly!!!
She looks so long in the video!! I think she'll be a swimmer, dancer, or soccer player based on her foot movement.
She reminds me of Mumble on "Happy Feet"!!! She is definitely a dancer!!!
She also has great timing...sleeping through the night, right as you are going back to work...she loves her mama!!
Post a Comment