Jillian is officially 19 months old today! She just keeps getting faster and faster. I know that to be true because I can hardly find ANY pictures of her that are not blurry, and rarely do I get the opportunity to grab the real camera (not just the one on my phone), turn it on, and focus in on what she is doing. Here are a few things I'd like to remember about my 19 month old.....
-When I took her to the doctor recently for her ear infection, she was 26 pounds and nearly 34" tall. She suddenly is afraid of the nurse, the doctor, and the whole process in general. She now begins to cry the second her name is called from the waiting room, and doesn't stop until the exam is over. Once the doctor says goodbye to her, she suddenly smiles and blows her a kiss. How's that for sudden charm?
-She now has her colors down (red, white, pink, blue, purple, green, yellow, orange, and black) and loves to tell you what color you are wearing, or what color she'd like to wear. Last week, she suddenly looked up at me as I was rocking her before bed, pointed at my eyes and said, "Mommy eyes blue".
-She is currently learning her letters and recognizes about half of them really well. We are working on singing the ABCs and I recently discovered that she is a bit confused about the order. I sang, "A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K...." and Jilly chimed in with an enthusiastic "U!". You know you are really raising your child right when she knows that K and U go together. Rock Chalk Jayhawk! (or as Jilly says, "Rah-Rock")
-She has figured out that when she gets an owie, she can ask for one of us to kiss it. She loves to look at Matt and say, "Daddy owie, Mmmmm" (making the noise of a requested kiss).
-She is starting to actually sit on our dining room chairs instead of teetering dangerously on the edge and "trying to hurt herself" (as Matt says). That good behavior is rewarded with a snack at the big girl table.

-She would stay outside all day if we'd let her. Jillian has rediscovered a love for swinging (for extended periods of time) and she loves water play on the deck. We've had some fabulous summer weather that has allowed us the opportunity to really enjoy the fruits of Daddy and Grandpa's labor, especially since we figured out how to gate her in. Jilly loves to climb onto our deck furniture and enjoy a snack outdoors.

Jillian continues to be happy, healthy, very busy, and spirited. She is a passionate kid who knows what she wants! She thankfully did not inherit her mother's indecisiveness. I am sure that will serve her well as she gets older....for now, we are headed straight toward the "terrific twos" at full speed. We are going to hold on tight and enjoy the ride.
1 comment:
She has GROWN! She looks like a miniature young woman! Makes me sad that she is growing so fast and will never be a small, snuggly baby!
Love and miss you, Jilly!
Aunt Mal
Post a Comment