We managed to find Daddy pre-race. It was almost time for him to hit the water!
Here he comes out of the water, heading for the bike
Returning from the bike
Heading out on the last leg--a 5K run
The little spectator bides her time enjoying her friend's toys
Daddy is almost to the finish line!
Post-race success
Father and daughter after the finish
Though Jillian is rather good at expressing herself, she's not quite old enough to put into words how much her dad means to her--that is my job for now. I can tell you that she is truly enamored with him, cherishes every second he's around, and has a sparkle in her eye that is reserved only for her main man. I absolutely love watching the two of them together, and am so grateful for their already strong bond. I envy the way Matt is able to truly be present in the moment when he's with Jillian--he's not busy trying to do other things as I often am, but instead just enjoys her as they talk and play. I cannot think of a finer man to be on this parenting journey with. Happy Father's Day, Matt...all soon-to-be 3 of your girls love you so, so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment