Friday, June 17, 2011

Parade Fun

Jillian attended her very first parade yesterday. It was a small local parade just north of town, and was the perfect introduction to a parade experience for her. We attended with her friends, Max and Sarah, and the three had a grand time together. Because Jillian has such an outgoing personality, I was surprised to observe that she was fairly timid. It took her awhile to get into the candy grabbing, and she kept her distance from the people walking through the crowd to hand out other treats. I learned that she has a strong fear of clowns, when she freaked out as a friendly one approached her. I was too busy consoling to capture a picture of that one. I did manage a few decent shots of the little parade-goers...

Waiting for the action to start


Jillian could hardly contain her excitement!


It's pretty tough to get three 3ish year olds to pose for a shot...this was the best I got!


Checking out Max's loot


Buddies


Waving to the "princesseses". This float was by far Jillian's favorite.


Plotting her next candy grabbing move


"Hey Mom, look at all those tractors!"


The fruits of her labor. Actually, I'd say Sarah gets at least half the credit for what Jillian brought home. She was very concerned with making sure Jillian got enough candy, and kept adding some to her bucket. Daddy thanks you, Sarah!


It was a beautiful morning, and a great time with good friends. We topped it off with a pizza lunch at Sarah's house and a little extra play time. Hooray for summer!

No comments:

free web counter

Followers