I didn't realize that kids go through 2 "no" phases. Yes, when they first learn the word "no", they use it all the time, and Jillian was no exception. It seems we've found ourselves in the midst of another such phase, only this one feels a bit more dramatic. Our interactions of late go something like this:
Mom: "Jillian, it's time to get your shoes on"
J: "NO! I don't want to!"
or
Mom: "Jillian let's go have a snack"
J: "NO! I don't want to!"
or
Mom: "Jillian, please try to go potty before we leave"
J: "NO! I don't want to!"
or
Mom: "Jillian let's go to Target and you can get a cookie"
J: "NO! I don't want to!"
It. Is. Endless. As you can see, it matters not what the request is, or how fun/beneficial it might be for her (the kid lives for cookies at Target). This child is determined to exert her opinions, independence, and will at every single turn.
No comments:
Post a Comment