Sunday, March 29, 2009

Five Months Old

Happy 5 Month Birthday to our Jilly Bean! Time sure continues to fly by with her. I think we misnamed her, though--her middle name should seriously be "charming". This baby is just that. Charming, endearing, happy, engaging...you get the idea. Even despite the yucky cold and cough she has this weekend, she still is all of those things. I can now say that I've witnessed her rolling from tummy to back as well, just as of this morning. I was taking some pics of her to mark the date, and after placing her on her tummy I grabbed the camera. Let's just say she wasn't on her tummy anymore :) She did this three more times before I was smart enough to get it on tape. By this time, she wasn't so thrilled with the game, so please forgive her expression of dissatisfaction as she shows off her skill.

I thought I was being so clever by taping this--you see, Matt has been working nights so he was asleep for this event. When I told him about it tonight, he fessed up that she did this for him earlier in the week! What?! I have been making such a fuss about how she rolled over tummy to back at daycare and that I wished she would do so here. He confessed that he didn't want me to feel bad, so he was just waiting until we could witness it together. Sweet? Yes....but you can bet I did give him a hard time about concealing the truth :) Moving on...
I took Jillian to the mall on this, her five month birthday, to find an Easter dress. I believe that I will never go to the mall again sans Baby Bjorn. Up until now she's been so happy in her stroller, and usually naps for me as I drink my latte while strolling leisurely through the stores. Not anymore. Apparently when you become 5 months old, you decide that you are ready to be out of the stroller in the thick of things, learning the skill of shopping. Who can blame her, right? This made for a pretty short trip. But mission accomplished, we got the Easter dress, and it is of course adorable. I was looking for a headaband to go with it and asked the lady in the store if she had more in the back. After telling me they were out, she said, "We have some really cute barrettes. Doesn't she have any hair at all?" I giggled a bit as I pulled her hat off to in fact prove that she does not. Poor Jillian. Bald as a bean, just like her parents were. Somehow we made it as bald babies, and you will too :) We love you, sweet girl!

DSC00948
Hooray, I'm 5 months old!

DSC00947
I think I'm trying to get some teeth soon....

DSC00946
I've got to plan my escape

DSC00944
Happy Camper

No comments:

free web counter

Followers