Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Daddy's Girl

Someone around here is turning into a Daddy's girl, and who can blame her? Daddy is a pretty special guy. I kid you not when I tell you that she looks at him differently than she looks at anyone else, and she lights up in a special way for him. I think it's adorable when I catch her just staring at him, smiling enthusiastically as she waits for him to realize she's looking his way and pay attention to her. It seriously melts my heart. After a week of Daddy working nights, Jillian was glad to have him home this weekend. First up--a trip to the park. It was nice-ish for a bit on Friday afternoon (sunny and in the 40's--yipee!), so we took the short walk and showed Jillian the neighborhood playground. Daddy snuggled her in his jacket and they enjoyed a little swinging together.
park time

Sunday night, Jillian and Daddy donned their matching Eskimo Joe's shirts (thanks, Kenz!) and we headed over to Sean's house for dinner and play time.
eskimo joes

But--back to reality this week. Daddy is working the evening shift for a few days, so he isn't able to take his usual and beloved role of story reader at bedtime. Jillian expressed her dissatisfaction with the situation this evening as I got her ready for bed. Poor thing was stuck with mommy reading to her....
crying

No comments:

free web counter

Followers