Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Half A Year

You read that right--Jillian is a half a year old today. As I sit here typing this, I am completely stunned. Somewhere amidst all of this transition into parenthood, six months elapsed, and Jillian went from this baby:
DSC00148
To this baby:
6months
Wow.
At six months old, Jillian is doing lots of fun and exciting things. She rolls around to get toys that she wants, sits alone pretty well (up to a couple of minutes without tipping), eats her big toe, can hold a sippy cup and bring it to her mouth, transfers toys from hand to hand, and makes a variety of sounds--vowels, some consonants, and lots of wild experimental shrieking and giggling noises (those are my favorites). She smiles at everyone and everything, every chance she gets. She is quite honestly one of the happiest babies I've ever met (and I've met a lot of 'em), which completely, yet pleasantly, surprises me considering her fussy early days.
She continues to be a voracious eater, a great night sleeper, and a fair (at best) napper. The world is an exciting place, and she is a little sponge who loves to soak up all kinds of new experiences. It's a joy to watch her discover the simple things in life that we busy adults ignore.
Since I'm feeling all reflective and sentimental (and OK, a bit sappy), I decided to roll out a top ten list...it's been awhile, right?

I love how Jillian:

10. Holds her feet and "clicks" her heels together when I change her
9. Focuses so intently on an object she is trying to grab that she purses her lips
8. Covers her eyes with the backs of her hands when she takes her bedtime bottle
7. Smells after a bath
6. Stares happily at her daddy, waiting for him to notice she's watching him
5. Wakes up "singing" and talking happily every single morning (I'm not sure where she got that from)
4. Touches her daddy's face and neck when he's reading to her
3. Throws her arms around my neck and covers me with slobbery "kisses"
2. Shows her "turtle tongue" when she smiles
1. Snuggles so close to me when I bring her to bed to nurse her in the mornings--I treasure those moments more than any other with her.

Jillian, you are truly a joy in our lives and an indescribable blessing. What a fun, and life changing experience these first six months have been. We love you and cannot imagine what we ever did without you!

2 comments:

Team Leach said...

WOW, how time flies! Jillian, I can't believe how much you have changed in 6 months. I wish I was in there to see you in person everyday!! But, you are always in my heart! I can't wait to continue to watch you grow into an adorable, beautiful little girl into a beautiful woman! I LOVE YOU!

Aunt Mal

Paula (Mom) said...

What a big girl now! I got so teary when I read this. Brings back so many memories of my sweet boys and how fast they have grown. Parenthood is definitely a time to savor all the stages because the years fly by and they are grown up before you know it. Then you get to be a grandma!Yea! Beautiful pictures. Love you!

free web counter

Followers