Friday, March 26, 2010

Sinking In?

Lately, I feel as if all I ever do is tell Jillian to sit down, get down, or stay down. She climbs like a monkey all over everything that will sit still (or even things that don't), and insists on living her life on the edge (the edge of furniture, literally). She recently discovered she can climb the couch, but she often turns herself around to where her back is facing the edge of the couch. This results in falling off of the couch. Repeatedly. It makes her father a nervous wreck. She also figured out how to climb up in her glider, and even discovered that the gliding ottoman could offer her a thrilling ride (think ottoman surfing...). Needless to say, her freedoms are limited these days. Gates enclose her in smaller spaces (she is stuck in the kitchen with me while cooking now, where once she could enter the dining room to play), and really nowhere is safe. Ever. But...moms make mistakes and forget these facts at times, right? So, a couple of days ago I left her room to wash my hands after a diaper change as I so often do. I told her to pick out her books for our usual pre-nap reading time. I returned a mere 30 seconds later to find this precious sight....
reading in chair 2
reading in chair 1
Perhaps we are making some headway in this department? She seemed pretty proud of herself....and so was I.
reading in chair 3
(Oh and in case you are wondering since they have now been featured in almost every post lately--yes, I love those striped pants of hers!)

1 comment:

Team Leach said...

Her legs look MILES long in these pictures! Which is to be expected I guess! Miss you Jilly!

xoxo

Aunt Mal

free web counter

Followers