When the time came for the exam, she was hesitant to participate, but she quietly (and stiffly) allowed the dentist to examine her teeth. I was so proud of her! Jillian now has her full set of baby teeth, including 2 year molars! Her bottom molars have a bit more growing to do, but they have pushed through. The dentist said she can usually start to see bite pattern problems at this age, and Jillian has a lovely bite with no concerning patterns (you're welcome, sweetheart--that did NOT come from your father. I've heard he had a mouthful of problems!). She gave the OK for Jillian to start using a very small amount of fluoridated toothpaste, and was pleased with how clean her teeth look. She feels we can just do another exam in 6 months and wait until she's 3 1/2 for her first official cleaning. Jillian left the office with lots of prizes and a bag full of fun. In the past 24 hours I have rarely seen her away from the bag of dental goodies and have gotten lots of giggles watching her play dentist with her dolls and animals. I keep hearing, "I'm a dood (good) dr. I'm a dood dentist". Perhaps she'll always be this enthusiastic about going to the dentist. A mom can dream....
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Future Dentist?
Jillian went for her dental check-up yesterday, and she was an absolute rock star. She had a wonderful time brushing all of the stuffed animal's teeth, playing with exam gloves, and asking the assistant to turn on the overhead light so she could use the mirror and tools to look in each animal's mouth.

When the time came for the exam, she was hesitant to participate, but she quietly (and stiffly) allowed the dentist to examine her teeth. I was so proud of her! Jillian now has her full set of baby teeth, including 2 year molars! Her bottom molars have a bit more growing to do, but they have pushed through. The dentist said she can usually start to see bite pattern problems at this age, and Jillian has a lovely bite with no concerning patterns (you're welcome, sweetheart--that did NOT come from your father. I've heard he had a mouthful of problems!). She gave the OK for Jillian to start using a very small amount of fluoridated toothpaste, and was pleased with how clean her teeth look. She feels we can just do another exam in 6 months and wait until she's 3 1/2 for her first official cleaning. Jillian left the office with lots of prizes and a bag full of fun. In the past 24 hours I have rarely seen her away from the bag of dental goodies and have gotten lots of giggles watching her play dentist with her dolls and animals. I keep hearing, "I'm a dood (good) dr. I'm a dood dentist". Perhaps she'll always be this enthusiastic about going to the dentist. A mom can dream....
When the time came for the exam, she was hesitant to participate, but she quietly (and stiffly) allowed the dentist to examine her teeth. I was so proud of her! Jillian now has her full set of baby teeth, including 2 year molars! Her bottom molars have a bit more growing to do, but they have pushed through. The dentist said she can usually start to see bite pattern problems at this age, and Jillian has a lovely bite with no concerning patterns (you're welcome, sweetheart--that did NOT come from your father. I've heard he had a mouthful of problems!). She gave the OK for Jillian to start using a very small amount of fluoridated toothpaste, and was pleased with how clean her teeth look. She feels we can just do another exam in 6 months and wait until she's 3 1/2 for her first official cleaning. Jillian left the office with lots of prizes and a bag full of fun. In the past 24 hours I have rarely seen her away from the bag of dental goodies and have gotten lots of giggles watching her play dentist with her dolls and animals. I keep hearing, "I'm a dood (good) dr. I'm a dood dentist". Perhaps she'll always be this enthusiastic about going to the dentist. A mom can dream....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment