Monday, July 20, 2009

All In A Day's Work

Jillian has a lot of work to get done every day. Let me rephrase that--she has a lot of "trouble" to get into as she goes around reorganizing the house for me. Lucky for her, I know that this "destruction" is part of the developmental sequence and I find it to be really cute actually. Her energy simply astounds me. She literally never stops moving. Even while riding in the shopping cart (as she did at Home Depot and Target today) she is busy turning around to see what's behind her, trying to grab things off the shelves, and waving at people across the aisles. So what was on her agenda for the day today, you ask? Removing every single book from her bookshelf, while also removing her clean, folded laundry from the laundry basket.

She looks pretty pleased with herself, doesn't she?
lookat my mess

Caught in the act
admiring the mes

Hmmm....I wonder if I can reach that
pondering

Maybe I can get it with this hand
reaching

Or perhaps this one...
reaching again
For the record, she did succeed in touching the ribbon on this basket, which of course necessitated the relocation of said basket. She also proceeded to stand at this same shelf before her bath tonight, naked as a jaybird I might add, and pee all over one of my very favorite books (Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day). But I was too busy laughing to grab the camera :)

All that work sure can tire a girl out! Recharging her batteries....
sleepy

2 comments:

Team Leach said...

Haha this cracks me up! What a busy girl! We need to start training her for her flower girl role! = ) I miss you guys a lot!

Oh and by the way, in the picture of her sleeping, it looks like she is getting a little more hair! = )

Baby Burla said...

I was going to comment on the potential hair in the sleeping picture but Mallory beat me to it. Jillian is just a doll. Glad you're having fun as a mom too.

free web counter

Followers