Friday, August 14, 2009

9 Month Appointment

Today Jillian had her 9 month pediatrician appointment (a bit belated due to our travels). I would be willing to bet that this was Jillian's favorite trip to the dr. so far, becuase no shots were involved--yipee! Here's the skinny on all the important "stuff":
Jillian weighs in at a respectable 20 lbs 12 oz (78%) and is 28 3/4 " long (81%), while her ever-large noggin tops the charts at >97%. Matt said that the number one reason that a child has a big head is because one of her parents has a big head. He then proceeded to say that he doesn't have a big head. Hmmm...what is he trying to say??

I also filled out the usual developmental checklist. At 9 months, Jillian...

-Cruises around furniture

-Stands alone for up to 15 seconds (she often lifts one foot to try and step, but quickly just sits down)

-Uses a pincer grasp to pick up her food and can feed herself pretty efficiently

-Waves (and usually says "Hi" at the same time)

-Claps

-Signs for "more" to request more food at meals

-Has an intense love of cheese, bread, and yogurt

-Still makes hilarious faces when she tries new food. High drama for sure.

-Gives fabulous kisses and is starting to hug. In fact, every morning that I go in and get her, she grabs my face to kiss me, hugs me and then pats my back. It absolutely melts me.

-Makes a variety of sounds--she recently added "mama" (finally!) and "pa". She also started clicking her tongue.

-Has 2 speeds: wild and asleep

-Sleeps a solid 11 hours at night (yahoo!) and takes 2 naps/day (I love nap time)


Jillian is incredibly curious by nature and doesn't miss a beat. She has a life-loving spirit and insatiable desire to explore and interact with everyone and everything she sees. I think she truly enjoys herself and is a happy baby. Can't ask for much more than that!
Recently, I had her 9 month pictures taken at Plummer Gardens in Rochester. What a beautiful setting it was to capture this stage of Jillian's development. Here are a few of my favorites. Enjoy!
9 months 12
9 months 11
9 months 10
9 months 6
9 months 5
9 months 4
9 months 3
9 months 1

2 comments:

Paula (Mom) said...

I miss her so much and look at her pictures over and over each day. Helps my homesickness for you two to have Matt so close by (at least for another week). Counting the days to seeing her again! What a great summer this has been to spend time with you all.

Team Leach said...

I am absolutely in love with the picture of her laughing!! It makes my day! Love and miss you all!

free web counter

Followers