Sunday, August 23, 2009

Steps for Daddy

Daddy returned this afternoon, and we are so happy to have him home after two weeks apart. Jillian had a big, wet kiss just for him when we met him at the airport.
Welcome home Daddy
Little did we know, Jillian had a big surprise in store for us this evening. She has been standing alone for brief periods over the last 6 weeks or so, and recently felt brave enough to move one foot forward before sitting down. I have seen her take 2 teeny steps on a handful of occasions, but nothing that I would really call her "first steps". I have been worried that she would start walking before Matt got home and that he would miss this milestone. She must have known. Look what she decided to do for him tonight....

I am so happy that we both were present to witness this event! The first time she did it, I of course wasn't expecting it, so the camera wasn't on. For the record, we counted 6 solid steps. What a wonderful moment to share as a family. Look out world...here comes Jillian!

3 comments:

dmwidmer said...

Yea Jilly, we are so proud of you!

Love,
Uncle D and Aunt Meggie

Team Leach said...

Can't believe she is getting so big! Soon-to-be Uncle John and Aunt Mal are proud of you!!!

Charie said...

Go Jilly Bean, go! The most exciting welcome home present ever!

free web counter

Followers