Michelle and I met back in 2nd grade at Village Vista Elementary School in Phoenix. We were 7 years old. When we entered 4th grade, we were placed in the same class (and for the record, we had one of the best teachers ever--Mrs Bares) and we became very good friends. Our moms were friends, our younger sisters were friends, our families were friends. I have a million memories in that one short year, but two of my favorites include a talent show danc and our roles in our 4th grade class movie (yes, this movie is documented on VHS and it's a dandy!) Michelle and her family moved back to New York at the end of 4th grade, and we subsequently moved to Missouri a year later. Michelle and I kept in touch by writing letters (she was better at this than I, and I have proof), many of which I still have. As we grew older we occasionally talked on the phone, and then kept in touch via e mail. I can count the number of times I've seen Michelle in the last 21 years on one hand, but each time we are together it's as though we've never been apart. So, as you might imagine, it was a very special event to get to see Michelle last week and introduce her to my daughter.
Michelle and her sweet mother, Diane, took the day off from their jobs in NYC and drove 3+ hours south to meet us in Annapolis (on a Friday, in the summer, in East Coast traffic no less! Are these good people or what?!). The last time we saw each other was at my wedding over 7 years ago! Michelle and Diane met us at Grandma and Pop Pop's, where we visited and then went out for a great lunch with Jillian. We visited all afternoon back at the house and had a wonderful time catching up and reliving some old memories. The day was an incredible blessing and I am so thankful for the special, lifelong friendship we share. Here are some of my favorite pics from the day.
Jillian and Michelle playing together

Snuggling with Diane

Taking a walk


Old friends together again!
No comments:
Post a Comment