We are on the quest to up Jillian's consumption of table food, as she recently decided it is fun to bat the spoon of baby food away while I am trying to feed her. She apparently wants to feed herself. Her repertoire of finger foods isn't that large yet, so we still have to get that nutrition in via purees in between self-fed bites. Unfortunately she still likes nothing that is green (pureed or otherwise), despite my best attempts. She skillfully picks up a whole pea, examines it, and then promptly throws it on the floor. Last night I decided to try a different green food. This particular puree was spinach, mango and pear. I tasted it and found it to be sweet and delicious (Grammy is here visiting and she concurred). Surprise, surprise Jillian did not. She was still, however, interested in the bowl and spoon. So I figured, what the heck, why not let her try? She was about to get a bath and so I threw all caution to the wind and let her have a good time. As you will see, she certainly has the right idea and demonstrates some good problem solving abilities (better than the ones she has where moving the push toy is concerned!) and didn't even mind the taste of the green stuff when she did it herself. I suppose that will be my new approach. Enjoy the video, and pardon the sudden ending. If the battery hadn't died you could have witnessed the bowl eventually landing on the floor and splattering green goo all over the curtains :) Meal time is fun time!
4 comments:
HAHA Miss Indipendent is right!
That is hilarious. Miss her lots. Love, Dad.
That is so cute. I think she will be doing it herself from now on. Are you ready for that adventure? I sure miss her. Kisses from Grandma.
Awesome! Jillian is definitely creative in figuring out the whole eating thing!
Post a Comment