Well, here I am at 30 weeks and feeling very grateful. Remember that I have an incredibly skewed view of pregnancy, largely due to my years working in the NICU. I know many many wonderful children who were born several gestational weeks ago, so it's almost crazy to me to hit this first big 3-0 (more on the next big 3-0 coming up soon....). Fingers crossed for at least 7 more weeks of gestating!
Yesterday I went to my OB appointment, which was at 7:50 a.m. I decided to work at home yesterday (as I have done most Fridays this summer) to continue to prep my fall course that's beginning way too soon. I got up, hit the treadmill and headed downtown only to be told that my OB was ill and they had tried to call my house (after I'd already left of course). Ugh. So I was told I could see a different dr. at 10:20. After 4 1/2 weeks of waiting, I was ready for a check-in with someone, so I took it. Drove back home, worked for 1 1/2 hours and then returned. The dr. I saw was actually fabulous--one of the nicest, most thorough dr's I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. He took his time, asked me a lot of questions and answered all of mine (believe it or not, I really didn't have too many this time--mostly just some clarification about contractions and other minor annoyances of pregnancy that have recently developed that I don't wish to discuss in detail here!) Here's the vital stats of the appt.
-It seems I'm keeping up a healthy weight gain...up a total of 26 lbs (6 more than last month--oops! Nicole, it IS that Almond Joy ice cream at the Chocolate Twist that's getting me!) This dr. said I should gain a full 35 since my BMI was a little on the low side pre-pregnancy, so I'm still on track for that at my current pace.
-My BP is good and low--112/68
-I measured right between 30 and 31 cm, so right on for the 30 3/7 weeks I was at yesterday
-Baby heart rate in the 130's with good accelerations after movement. This dr. left the doppler on a lot longer, which I really enjoyed.
-Baby's head still feels as though it's down. Dr. said the next visit or two they'd pull in the ultrasound and double check. At that point, he said if she was still head down she's not likely to move.
Back to see my OB on September 9th--I'm happy to be at the point where the visits are only 2 weeks apart!
I've got a big belly pic to post in honor of this week, but alas, it's still on the camera which would require me to get out of bed and walk down 2 flights of stairs and I'm just too tired tonight (I'll blog more about why I'm so tired at the end of this weekend). So you'll just have to wait in suspense :)
No comments:
Post a Comment