10th birthday--I recall going to bed the night before thinking that I was really getting mature because I was going to be hitting the 'double digits'. I always was a contemplative child....some things never change I suppose :)
Some people really dread turning 30, and I don't feel that way. I feel blessed to be turning 30 as I prepare to become a mother. The 20's were a great decade for me....I graduated from college, got my master's, married my best friend, saw him graduate from medical school, bought and sold a home, bought another home, took some fabulous vacations, worked some great (and some not so great) jobs as an OT, made new friendships, fostered some old ones, enjoyed lots of fun times with family, celebrated 6 wedding anniversaries.....the list goes on. I've enjoyed every second and I look forward to enjoying this new chapter and decade in my life with my husband and child. Yes, I think 30 is going to be the perfect age to welcome a child into our home.
We've enjoyed a nice weekend together. Today we went up to Minneapolis and had a yummy lunch at PF Changs. Then we went and got my birthday gift from Matt. I am now the proud owner of a new set of All-Clad Stainless pots and pans. Some of you wives might find this to be an offensive gift, but anyone who knows me knows that this is an AMAZING gift in my book! I have been pining for these pans for years. As a serious cook, I've really been functioning with some pretty crappy and overused pans. Matt gifted me with the opportunity to select whatever pots and pans I desired, courtesy of the 'Matt Howe Moonlighting Radiology Fund' :) I seriously got teary-eyed as we walked out of Williams-Sonoma with this box.

An incredibly thoughtful gift from an incredibly thoughtful husband. Matt says it was a selfish gift on his part because he knows those pans will serve him well :)
I must also comment on the sweet gift that my unborn child selected for me (Matt swears he didn't help her...she's so talented already!) I'm used to seeing this on the table on my birthday:

But this was a first, and a rather enjoyable sight:

She wrote me a lovely card and it came with this box:

Ladies, the sight of this famous little blue box made me weak in the knees. I've always wanted what is inside this box...little did I know someone was listening all along. The card in this box said--"Mommy, wear this and think of me"

It's beautiful and looks lovely on my wrist if I do say so myself. When the baby is born, we'll have her monogram engraved on the charm. Matt never ceases to amaze me. Oh and in case you were wondering, yes, I cried and cried......
These material things aside, I just feel so blessed and so excited to be married to this man and carrying this sweet little miracle. Life is good and I'm grateful for every moment.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Malia!!!!
Post a Comment