Friday, August 29, 2008

Better Late Than Never: A Week in Review

A week after I wrote my 30 week post, here I am finally posting the 30 week pic. Am I lazy? Perhaps. Exhausted? Perhaps. Stressed? Perhaps. Just plain busy? Definitely.
30 weeks
It's been a very busy week--here's the short version....
-Matt spent all of last weekend moonlighting, which normally would leave me to my own devices. Luckily, my mom and grams decided to truck it on up here for a girls weekend. We had a great and exhausting time. Saturday we spent the entire day out shopping, mostly for my fall maternity wardrobe. It's already starting to cool off here, and I've still got about 8 weeks til my due date. Add that to the fact that my current maternity clothes are getting snug and short and you've got a recipe for a shopping spree. Thank God for my mom--just as reliable as ever, she sat in that dressing room with me for (I'm not kidding) 2 hours while I tried on practically everything in the store. She hung up clothes, removed them from hangers, retrieved bigger sizes. We were beat at the end of the day, but highly successful. We collapsed and ordered pizza when we got home. Sunday my mom helped more by doing all the ironing and scrubbing my bathroom like you wouldn't believe. I finally quit whining about all I want to do in the house and just picked something to do--so I cleaned out the pantry and boy does it look lovely. It was fun just having the weekend to spend together and so nice to share in the nursery preparations with both of them. We did have quite the fun time ogling over the baby wardrobe I've now successfully washed and organized. I think Mimi enjoyed seeing her quilt in its rightful place.

-Monday night Matt came home and we discovered mom and grams had done more shopping that day, and the baby really benefitted from their outing :) She got several darling dresses and summer outfits for next year....and a little pumpkin sleeper I just can't wait to put her in! Mom made one of my favorite 'farm food' dinners (pork cutlets and mashed potatoes and gravy) and my birthday pie a few days early (macademia nut cream pie) It's really the most heavenly dessert you can imagine and you can only get it from my mom at the end of August!

-Tuesday I struggled to paint my toenails in true pregnant fashion. Matt offered to help, but I was stubborn and somehow got it done while assuming some incredibly awkward and adaptive positions. We cleaned the house for Gourmet Club.

-Wednesday we went to get maternity portraits taken. I loved this experience and Matt went along....think he was surprised that it wasn't too cheesy. Should get them back next week! I can't wait to see them! Then we hurried home to get ready to host Gourmet Club, which we enjoyed until way past our usual bedtime.

-Thursday night we went to the "Infant Passenger Safety Class" (aka 'carseat class')at Mayo. It was free and I made Matt go. Two hours of how to install a carseat and keep your kid safe. Good stuff (but yes, I admit, a bit long). Ask us anything about latch systems and 45 degree angles.

-So here we are on Friday night, with a lovely birthday weekend spread out before me. Matt's home for the next two days and is snoozing on the couch as I type. We started the birthday celebration early and I have already received some gifts from my husband and baby (she's starting off on the right foot for sure!). I'll share more about them on my actual birthday (they made me cry, that's all I'll say right now). I worked late and came home to a great steak, and Matt revealed that he had a Coldstone Creamery cake in the freezer....he's full of surprises, that one. I just ate a large piece and now I'm ready for bed. I'm not sure the little lady is, though. She's been dancing some sort of crazy routine all evening. I just marvel at all of her movements--I'm so ready to meet her, but will really miss that feeling of her moving in my belly. Gonna keep enjoying every second of it.

No comments:

free web counter

Followers