Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Welcome, Third Trimester!
It's official--I'm now in my third trimester. Can you believe it? I can't. According to several sources, the third trimester began last week. But--according to Mayo it's this week, so that's what I'm going with. I must say that I agree with all the books--the second trimester was great (OK, so I still had the occasional vomiting episode until around week 15-16 or so but that's not bad). Overall, my energy level has been good and I've consistently been on that treadmill every single day for at least a half hour (walking, remember--not running). My maternity clothes fit nicely and made my belly look cute--what pregnant woman wouldn't enjoy that? Suddenly, as if right on cue, my shirts are getting shorter and my mid-belly pants (which aren't my favorite maternity style anyway in terms of comfort, but they do look pretty good) are smashing the sweet baby. I had to fold them down yesterday just to compensate and they kept flipping back up. I have a heck of a time getting in and out of our tall bed and I feel like I'm starting to walk at a slower pace. Ah, yes...this is what they said would happen. I find it amusing, and somewhat comforting--hey, anything that makes me feel 'normal' is just fine with me :) It's also important to note two events of today: the top edge of my belly button is officially beginning to turn out (remember the whole thing has gotten incredibly shallow and almost flat) and the baby kicked me in the ribs for the first time. Definitely a weird, not entirely comfortable sensation...but no complaints here. I love ANY and ALL of her movements.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment