Tuesday, September 29, 2009

11 Months Old....The New 2?

Our little girl keeps on growing, and she is now 11 months old. I am beginning to wonder if 11 months is the "new 2" these days, since she suddenly began displaying some behaviors that are reminiscent of a 2 year old. You know the behaviors I am talking about....screaming, throwing oneself to the ground, etc. Cute they are not....so Jilly Bean is lucky that SHE is!
Jillian 11 months 001
As you might imagine, we have our sights set on the big milestone that is now only one month away. Party planning is in the works and I am in full-on reflective mode as I think back to where we were at this time last year--waiting, washing baby clothes, and wondering when she would arrive. Though Jillian toddles (or waddles?)around like a true toddler, I am going to cling to this one last month that I can technically call my sweet baby an infant.
Our girl is busy. So busy in fact that most pictures I take of her look something like this
Jillian 11 months 006
With persistence, however, I do manage to get a few decent shots of her as she goes about her day...
-Modeling her fashion sense. Here she tries on her new hat this morning before leaving for daycare (it's suddenly cold here...imagine that!)
Jillian 11 months 007
-Pining for more hair as she clutches this comb. It is so cute when you ask her to brush her hair--she holds a comb or a brush right to her head and pretends to do so! She also likes brushing Mommy and Daddy's hair.
Jillian 11 months 005
-Finding joy in everyday objects she explores with great gusto. She's always ready to share those experiences with us...."Here mom, it's a paper bag!!" Jillian also persistently does this with her food. Always wants to feed us a bite of her food via her slobber covered fingers. Yum.
Jillian 11 months 008
-Developing attachments. She has begun to carry her pink giraffe lovey around, not simply snuggling with him at nap/bedtime. She also has begun to cry or fuss she sees Matt leave for work--I can tell it both melts and breaks his heart at the same time.
Jillian 11 months 003
Jillian now weighs an even 22 lbs and is 28 3/4" long. She officially has 5 teeth (3 on top, 2 on bottom) and several white bumps indicative of more on the way.
Finally, here are a couple videos of Jillian demonstrating all of her new 11 month old skills...some are darling examples of receptive and expressive language, and others are as I referred to at the start of this post--these are what the book "What to Expect The First Year" describes as "negativism" in this month's chapter. For the sake of documenting Jillian's development, all are noteworthy :)
P.S. Please ignore our disastrous house. Hurricane Jilly Bean lives here!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my! She is a busy little girl isn't she! I like how you are using your autism training and the "try again" with your daughter...how funny!

Matt and Malia said...

Never thought of that before, Melissa! Guess it is just a part of me...once a therapist, always a therapist :)

Team Leach said...

oh.my.gosh. that is awesome! It think my favorite video is the second one by far! haha like mother like daughter ; ) just think when you move back to KC aunt mal and uncle john will take her ANYTIME!

free web counter

Followers